If you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or simply burned out at times, there is a solution for you. You don’t have to be a slave to all the things holding you back. It’s time to turn your worries into inspiration and your fears into energy for action.
Below are 14 tips that can turn your study stress into study success in only a few minutes!
1. Create goals for yourself. Write down your goals and include everything you want to achieve this year and all the years that follow. Then look at your goals every day so that you know them off by heart. If you don’t know what you want you will never be motivated to take action!
2. Identify obstacles that stand in your path. Figure out those things that are preventing you from achieving your goals – and then remove them from the picture. Don’t allow time-wasters (like video games) and energy-suckers (like hopeless friends) to steer you off on a path you don’t want. Know what you want.
3. Identify the actions you need to take. It’s one thing to write out your goals. It’s another things altogether to understand what it will take to make them happen. Figure out what the actions are that make up your goals. What will take you from where you are now to where you want to go?
4. Give your actions a priority. Now that you know what you need to do to get what you want it’s time to give those actions a priority. Which actions need to happen straight away? Which ones can you hold off on for a week or a month? Whatever you do, make sure you are taking action. The difference between success and failure is more times than not simply take some action. So do something!
5. Visualize how successful you are going to be. Focus your thought on your success. Think about all the achievements you are going to have. Think about what it will mean to you when you reach your goals. Focus only on that. Can you taste it?
6. Create affirmations and then read them every day. Write down whatever you need to tell yourself each day to get yourself pumped up, grateful for life and ready to rock. Then make sure you can fit it into your school bag, wallet or purse so that you can read it whenever you want some inspiration.
7. Stretch and breathe. Don’t just breathe to live, breathe to relax! Deep breaths are great for keeping you calm and getting the energy flowing. Stretching is great for getting the blood flowing and getting your muscles active. So breathe deeply whenever you think of it and stretch like a madman whenever you have a chance!
8. Read and watch. Find someone (or many people!) you want to be like. Then read their books and watch their YouTube videos. Engage with them in any way you can. Listen to them. Do what they do. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel to be a success, just do as successful people do. That’s being smart.
9. Love every minute. There is no point “existing”. You need to “live”. What does it mean to live? It means loving what you’re doing – at all times. Now, it’s hard to get excited about school or work each day, there is no question about that, but your life is short and you need to enjoy it. You need to make each day count. Love your life.
10. Associate with those that are successful. If you spend time with blobs you will become a blob too. You need to surround yourself with people that want more from life. Surround yourself with people that have big dreams and even bigger motivation levels. They will drag you with them and help take you where you really want to go.
11. Drink your way to success! No not booze – water! Drink as much water as you can muster, mister. Eight glasses a day is a good guide. Why? Well, your brain is 75% water. Your blood is 90% water. The body will shut down within days without water. Water prevents illness and disease. Water turns the food you eat into energy. Need we say more? Drink up!
12. Eat more often – but make them healthy, modest meals. If you want to get sick and feel like garbage (and stay that way forever) then just pig out on junk all the time. And say “hi” to the nurse at the emergency room for me! If you want to be healthy and have more energy then you should eat smaller healthy meals more often. Why? Well guess what – you are reducing the number of calories you are putting in your body each day, which also reduces your chances of becoming overweight or obese. While many people believe that it doesn’t matter how many or what size meals you eat, but instead the total amount of food you eat each day that relates to being overweight or obese, research has actually found that people who eat only two to three large meals per day are much more likely to become overweight than those who eat smaller meals more frequently. Myth busted? Good! So eat less but more often.
13. Attack the four addicts. Coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and sugar – what do they have in common? They’re all stimulants. They’re all addictive. They’re all making you less productive and destroying your body. The solution? Consume them less of course! You don’t have to dispose of them completely but reduce, reduce and reduce. The less the better. You will live longer and be healthier.
14. Tense and relax. When you tense all the muscles in your body and then let it go it really helps the body to unwind and remain calm. So start using this whenever you’re feeling anxious or stressed. Tense and relax. Tense and relax. Ah! Feels good doesn’t it?
The reality is that you – and you alone – have the ability to determine your future. You can decide to do nothing and change nothing and get the same results you’ve always gotten. Or you can change a few little things up and make a big difference to your results. Learn the strategies and take massive action every day. Nothing else is required.
Now go kick some butt!